Savings Bond Pro® - Tech Support
The most common Savings Bond Pro tech support issues are listed below. If your problem isn't listed, please contact us.
This error message appears if the update file in your Bond Pro folder is marked as Read-only. You will get this message when you try to update your values.
- Use Windows Explorer to open your Bond Pro folder.
- Find the update file, sbbpcrv.exe, and right click on it.
- From the pop-up menu, click on Properties.
Note: The Properties window has an attributes section near the bottom. If the Read-only option is checked, click the check mark to remove it. Then click the Ok button. You should now be able to update Bond Pro.
NEWCRV2.MDB is a database included with the update. It expands when you click the Update button and before you click the Start button. If you click the Start button before completing the expansion, this error message appears.
When you click the Update button, the Update Bond Redemption Values screen opens. When it first opens, the title bar is disabled or grayed out. Wait until the title bar is highlighted, meaning the screen is active, before clicking the Start button. This may take from 5 seconds to a couple of minutes, depending on your system’s speed. Once the screen is active, you can click the Start button and the progress bar should show that Savings Bond Pro is being updated.
BPCRV.MDB is the redemption values database for Savings Bond Pro. If the update process is stopped before it's finished, the values in the database can become corrupted. When you next try to update the values, the above error message will appear.
The values database, bpcrv.mdb, can be copied from the Bond Pro installation CD into your Bond Pro folder. The file is located in the "addinst" folder of the Bond Pro installation CD.
- Insert the Savings Bond Pro CD into your drive.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Browse to the CD drive.
- Open the "addinst" folder.
- Right click on the file, BPCRV.MDB.
- Select Copy.
- Browse to your Savings Bond Pro folder.
- Right click on the Bond Pro folder.
- Select Paste.
- Click on the Yes button to replace the file.
- Open the Savings Bond Pro folder.
- Right click on the file, BPCRV.MDB.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Read-only box to deselect it.
- Click on the Ok button.
- Close Windows Explorer.
- Continue with the redemption values update.
Note: If you don't have a Savings Bond Pro installation version CD, contact us.
- To save the update file into your Bond Pro folder, right click the icon for Savings Bond Pro and select Properties. The Shortcut tab will show your Bond Pro folder’s path in the Start In field.
- When you browse for the update file, make sure you’re browsing to the same folder where you downloaded and saved the update file.
- Try downloading the update file to your desktop rather than into your Bond Pro folder. If you do this, remember to browse to your desktop.
- If you've removed the Read-only attribute from the update file in your Bond Pro folder and you still get the "file could not be copied" error message, select all files in your Bond Pro folder, then right click and remove the check mark beside the Read-only option. Click the Ok button, then try to update again.
- Be sure to save the update file with the name sbbpcrv.exe. Savings Bond Pro won’t recognize the update file saved with another name. If all else fails, there may be a problem with the drive mapping on the shortcut to your Savings Bond Pro. To update without referencing the mapped drive:
- Open Windows Explorer and find your Bond Pro folder.
- Double click the file BondPro.exe to open Savings Bond Pro.
- Select Maintenance, System Maintenance, and Redemption Table tab, respectively.
- Click the Download button and save the update file, sbbpcrv.exe, to your desktop.
- Click the Browse button, find the update file on your desktop, and select Open.
Click the Update button and then the Start button to start the update process.