Did you know?
- Each year, over 15,000 savings bonds and 25,000 payments are returned to the Department of the Treasury as undeliverable.
- In addition, billions of dollars in savings bonds have stopped earning interest, but haven’t been cashed.
- Treasury Hunt tells you about savings bonds no longer earning interest. If you still have these savings bonds, cash or reinvest them so your money can start working for you again.
- or a deceased loved one own a savings bond, or registered Treasury note or bond that has matured and is no longer earning interest?
- own a savings bond that you haven’t received in the mail?
- have HH/H interest that you haven't received?
- have Legacy Treasury Direct payments that you haven’t received?
Please Note: The Treasury Hunt database is limited.
- Treasury Hunt does not contain a record of all savings bonds. This system only provides information on Series E bonds issued in 1974 and after.
- Treasury Hunt may not completely identify any/all savings bonds you may have lost... only those that have reached final maturity and were issued in 1974 and after. To file a claim for lost bonds, you must submit form PD F 1048 (download or order), with information about dates of purchase, names on bonds, and other pertinent information.
- Savings bonds returned to Treasury as undeliverable since 1996 can be found by searching this system.
- Most records for registered Treasury notes and bonds can be searched through this system.
- Please keep in mind, under the Privacy Act of 1974, if you are not the bond owner or co-owner, we are limited in the information we can provide.
About Savings Bonds No Longer Earning Interest
You can also figure out whether you have savings bonds that have stopped earning interest without using Treasury Hunt. Just check the issue date on your savings bonds, then visit “Treasury Securities that Have Stopped Earning Interest.”
Check Treasury Hunt!
- Please use the buttons and links we've provided on each page. Using your browser to navigate (including the back, forward, and refresh buttons) will end your session.
Bookmark this page!
- If your search was unsuccessful, please try again at a later date.
- The Treasury Hunt database is updated monthly.