Partner Spotlight: Military Saves
In recognition of Armed Forces Day on May 18, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Ready.Save.Grow. campaign highlights the work of campaign partner Military Saves.
Military Saves is part of America Saves, operated by the Consumer Federation of America. It is also part of the Department of Defense's Financial Readiness Campaign and has been a partner with Department of Defense since 2003. Military Saves promotes saving a portion of each paycheck, developing a personal financial plan and establishing good credit and encourages all service members, their families, and civilian employees to take the "Military Saves Pledge."
The organization has helped spread the word about the Ready.Save.Grow. campaign by:
- Tweeting and posting information about Treasury savings options on its website.
- Adding Ready.Save.Grow. as an online resource for savers, detailing how to buy and manage digital savings bonds.
- Blogging about buying savings bonds online.
For more information about how your organization can share Ready.Save.Grow. campaign information, see the partner section of the Ready.Save.Grow. website.
Six Ways to Promote Saving on Social Channels
Did you know that one out of every seven minutes spent online is on Facebook? And that 1 million new Twitter accounts are created every day? If you aren't already using Ready.Save.Grow. social media messages to share information and tools about saving, consider using them. Here's how:
- Use your organization's Twitter handle to share helpful tips and encourage saving by re-tweeting @ReadySaveGrow content to your followers.
- Share Ready.Save.Grow. messages found in the partner toolkits at: http://www.treasurydirect.gov/readysavegrow/
- Encourage the people you serve to visit and "like" the Facebook page.
- Add your voice to the Facebook conversation by commenting, sharing and educating.
- Share videos from the TreasuryDirect YouTube channel on your website or social channels.
- When you tweet about the campaign or re-tweet information from @ReadySaveGrow, include the @ReadySaveGrow handle.
Connect with the campaign on its social channels: @ReadySaveGrow, the Ready.Save.Grow. Facebook page and the TreasuryDirect YouTube channel.