Page Title: BuyDirect® for Marketables > Purchase Review
What you can do on this page:
Review your purchase information before submitting a request by double-checking the registration and purchase details. You can select the "Edit" button to return to the applicable BuyDirect page (depending upon the security type requested) to make changes. (Note: All securities in an entity account carry a registration identical to the entity account name.)
If you purchased a Bill, Note, Bond, FRN, or TIPS, your selected Maturity and Interest Payment Destination(s) (if applicable) are displayed. You can edit the payment destination from your Current Holdings for Marketables > Summary.
By clicking "Submit" you agree to the following:
- I certify that I am authorized to perform transactions for this account.
- To pay for this security purchase, I authorize the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (formerly Bureau of the Public Debt) to use either my Zero-Percent Certificate of Indebtedness (Zero-Percent C of I) funds or to debit the account at the financial institution cited above.
- If I am purchasing a security that pays semi-annual or quarterly interest, then I authorize the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (formerly Bureau of the Public Debt) to credit the payment to the account at the financial institution cited above or use the payment to purchase a Zero-Percent C of I.
- I certify that I am authorized to perform transactions for the account at the financial institution cited above.
- I understand that when I purchase a Zero-Percent C of I that it will not earn interest. I acknowledge that a Zero-Percent C of I is only to be used to fund the purchase of eligible interest-bearing securities.
- I understand that the total cost for my security purchase will be determined at auction through competitive bidding, and that the final cost of the security will not be known until after the auction results are announced. I agree to pay the full purchase price, which could be less than, more than or equal to the principal amount I indicated above and that full payment must be made on the security's issue date.
- I understand that the availability of my security purchase is subject to change. I acknowledge that the U.S. Department of the Treasury reserves the right to change my requested purchase or cancel my request based on this availability.
- I understand that by electing to reinvest this security that I am subject to the following terms and conditions.
- I cannot cancel or edit the reinvestment after whichever of the following events occurs first: the maturing security goes into its Closed Book Period or the auction results for the succeeding security are announced.
- If the redemption proceeds from the maturing security are not sufficient to pay the full purchase price of the succeeding security, then I authorize the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (formerly Bureau of the Public Debt) to use either my Zero-Percent C of I funds or to debit the account at the primary financial institution to obtain the balance owed.
- If the proceeds of the marturing security are more than the amount needed for the reinvestment purchase, those proceeds may be delayed.
- I acknowledge that the Bureau of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (formerly Bureau of the Public Debt) will place certain restrictions on my ability to transfer this security for forty-five (45) calendar days after it is issued into my account. If the term of the security being purchased is less than 45 calendar days, then these restrictions will be enforced during the entire term of the security.
- I certify that all other information on this form, including information about the account(s) at the financial institution(s), is true, correct, and complete.
- Click "Submit" to complete the purchase and go to the Confirmation page.
- Click "Edit" to make changes on the appropriate BuyDirect page.
- Click "Cancel" to discontinue the purchase process and go to your previous page.