Fifty-Two State Finalists Vie for National Honors in U.S. Savings Bonds Poster Contest
National Winners To Be Announced May 25
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 15, 2000
Fifty-two students from all over the United States in grades 4 through 6 have reached the finals of the Ninth Annual U.S. Savings Bonds Poster Contest, conducted by the U.S. Treasury Department's Bureau of the Public Debt. The fifty-two are first place winners selected from more than 15,000 entries in each of 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. In addition to eligibility for the national competition, each first place state winner already has received a $1,000 savings bond. (See attached list of finalists). PDF format, file size 10 KB, file uploaded 5/18/00.
- The winning posters were judged on originality, poster design, visual appeal, and how well they conveyed the savings bond theme, “U.S. Savings Bonds - Making Dreams a Reality”.
- On May 25, 2000, the first, second and third place national winners will be announced and they will receive, respectively, $5,000, $2,000, and $1,000 in savings bonds at the ceremony in Washington, D.C. at the Capital Children's Museum.
- Accommodations and transportation to and from Washington, D.C. are provided for the three national winners and a parent or guardian. While in Washington, winners are invited to tour the historic Treasury Building and meet the Treasurer of the United States, visit the U.S. Capitol, and go see the Bureau of Engraving and Printing where currency is made.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation is the national sponsor of the 2000 contest.
Where Winning Posters Can Be Seen:
- The first place national winner's poster will be used nation-wide in the 2001 U.S. Savings Bonds Campaign.
- The 52 top posters will be exhibited in Washington, D.C. at the Capital Children's Museum during May and June, and at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, July through September. Photographs of the winning posters with the artist and school's name also will be displayed in major airports across the country and on our website at www.savingsbonds.gov.
- A selection of posters by New York State children is on display through May 22 in the lobby of the Empire State Building in New York City.
If you need help downloading...
Note: To view a PDF document requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download the free Acrobat Reader suitable for your system from the Adobe website.