TreasuryDirect sales exceed $1,000,000,000!
April 5, 2004 — TreasuryDirect sales exceeded $1 billion on April 4, 2004. Purchases of Series EE and I savings bonds currently average $8 million per week. Customers have opened over 170,000 accounts.
And the work continues…
Upcoming releases feature payroll deduction, conversion of paper savings bonds, and the introduction of marketable securities.
Here are some more interesting facts you may not know about TreasuryDirect: (Statistics represented are from January 2004 through March 2004 unless otherwise noted)
- Customers between the ages of 35-54 represent 44% of all account holders
- Customers aged 34 and younger represent 22% of all accounts holders
- Customers between the ages of 55-64 represent 20% of all account holders
- Customers aged 65 and older represent 14% of all account holders
- Highest percentage of accounts by state: California at 14.1%; New York at 7.7%
- Overall redemption rate (since 10/02): 1.7%
- Average accounts established per day: 466
- Average purchase amount: $1,155.71
- Minor accounts established: 4,005
- Total purchase transactions (since 10/02): 372,287
- TreasuryDirect visitors: 2.7 million, an average of 23,800 per day
- Increase in visitors since this time last year: 458%
- Peak activity time: Between 11 am and 2 pm
- Visitors using www.treasurydirect.gov as primary access: 32%
- Visitors using links from www.publicdebt.treas.gov as primary access: 31%
- Visitors using a bookmark or favorite as primary access: 32%
- Visitors using a search engine as primary access: 5%