If you get HH/H interest payments by check, consider having your interest deposited directly into your checking or savings account.
Direct Deposit is:
- Fast and easy. You don't have to go to the bank to deposit a check.
- Secure. You don't have to worry about checks getting delayed or lost in the mail.
- Immediate. Your money is available on the payment date.
How to Sign Up for Direct Deposit
In a few simple steps, you can sign up to have your HH/H payments directly deposited into your bank account:
- Complete Public Debt Form 5396. This form is available through our forms ordering system. You can download the form or request that it be mailed to you.
- Sign the form.
- Send the completed form to the address shown on the form.
If you get your interest checks by direct deposit and need to change your direct deposit information, you must fill out a new Public Debt Form 5396.
Questions About Signing Up for Direct Deposit
If you have questions about direct deposit, please contact your Treasury Retail Securities Site.