Page Title: ManageDirect® > De-Link Minor Account Review
What you can do on this page:
Review your request to de-link a Minor account from your Primary account.
By clicking "Submit" you agree to the following:
- You are certifying that you have the authority to perform the de-link transaction on behalf of the Linked account number noted in the transaction.
- You understand the securities in the Linked account will be de-linked from your account and moved to the former minor's Primary account number you provided.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to provide the former minor any tax forms generated by this account. De-linking is neither a taxable event for the Primary account holder nor for the former minor.
The purchase amount of the securities you transfer, deliver as gifts, or de-link to another TreasuryDirect account holder is applied to their annual purchase limitation in the year the transaction occurs. You may purchase up to $10,000 of each security type - EE or I Bonds - per person each calendar year.
HELPFUL HINT: The minor is responsible for any taxable amount that we report on an IRS Form 1099.
- Click "Submit" to go to ManageDirect > De-Link Minor Account Confirmation
- Click "Cancel" to return to ManageDirect > De-Link Minor Account Request