Page Title: Individual Account Application
What you can do on this page:
Individuals can open a TreasuryDirect account by completing all of the following sections of the online application:
- Account Owner Information,
- Contact Information
- Bank Information, and
- Submission sections.
Asterisks denote required fields.
If you leave the 'Give Your Account a Name' field blank, the account name will be personalized based on your first name as shown in Account Owner Information. You will be able to edit this personalized information at any time using the Account Info tab.
In the Bank Information section, we encourage you to abbreviate or condense the Bank Name and Name(s) on the Account. Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) rules limit the amount of space we can provide.
In the Submission section you certify:
- You have provided your correct taxpayer identification number. (This is typically your Social Security Number.)
- You are NOT subject to backup withholding.
- You are a U.S. person. (You must be a U.S. citizen, resident, or individual
who is at least 18 years old with a valid U.S. Social Security Number.
You must also have a U.S. address of record and an account at a U.S. depository
financial institution that will accept debits and credits using the Automated
Clearing House method of payment.)
HELPFUL HINT: After establishing a TreasuryDirect Primary account, you may create Linked accounts - Minor, Custom, and Conversion accounts. Holdings for each Linked account are kept separately and can be accessed only through your Primary account.
- Click "Submit" to proceed to the Individual Account Application Review.
- Click "Cancel" to delete your application and return to the Account Type page.