Page Title: Purchase Express Terms and Conditions
What you can do on this page:
View the Terms and Conditions of your Purchase Express transaction.
Purchase Express allows you to quickly purchase securities using your preferred registration and primary bank information or debit your bank account to fund your Zero-Percent C of I. When making a purchase through Purchase Express, you are required to check a certification box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Purchase Express Terms and Conditions
- I authorize the Bureau of the Public Debt to debit the account at the primary financial institution.
- If I am purchasing a security that pays semi-annual interest, then I authorize the Bureau of the Public Debt to credit the payment to the account at the primary financial institution.
- I certify that I am authorized to perform transactions for the account at the primary financial institution.
- I certify that all other information provided, including information about the account at the primary financial institution, is true, correct, and complete.
- The terms and conditions for purchasing a U.S. Savings Bond are that it is generally issued to the account on the next business day.
- The terms and conditions for purchasing a Zero-Percent Certificate of Indebtedness (Zero-Percent C of I) are:
- The security does not earn interest.
- That the security may only be used to fund the purchase of other eligible interest-bearing securities.
- That the purchase of a Zero-Percent C of I will cause the entire C of I balance to be ineligible for redemption for five business days.
- The terms and conditions for purchasing a U.S. Treasury Marketable Security are:
- That the total cost for my security purchase will be determined at auction through competitive bidding, and that the final cost of the security will not be known until after the auction results are announced. I agree to pay the full purchase price, which could be less than, more than or equal to the principal amount I indicated above and that full payment must be made on the security's Issue Date.
- That the availability of my security purchase is subject to change. I acknowledge that the U.S. Department of the Treasury reserves the right to change my requested purchase or cancel my request based on this availability.
- That certain restrictions are placed on my ability to transfer this security for forty-five (45) calendar days after it is issued into my account. If the term of the security being purchased is less than 45 calendar days, then these restrictions will be enforced during the entire term of the security.
- Select "Close Window" to go back to the previous page.