Need Help? You've come to the right place.
Select from the following list of popular help topics or choose from the other help tools listed in the right-hand column.
Popular Help Topics
Setting Up an Account
- What you need to apply.
- Completing the Individual Account Application.
- Completing the Entity Account Application.
- Choosing a Personalized Image/Caption.
Accessing Your Account
- How do I buy an EE or I Bond?
- How do I buy a Bill, Note, Bond, or TIPS?
- Will I receive a paper security?
- Can I purchase a security using payroll deduction?
Managing Your Account
- How easy is it to manage my individual account and my securities?
- How easy is it to manage my entity account and my securities?
- What are my shared securities in an individual account?
- Tell me more about managing taxes for my securities.
- Tell me more about Zero-Percent C of I.
- Tell me more about my Funding Options.
- How can I reinvest my Bill, Note, Bond, or TIPS?
Redeeming Savings Bonds
Help ToolkitUser Guide
Page-by-page documentation of the TreasuryDirect account area. For quick reference, see our Full Index-Individual Account or Full Index-Entity Account.
How Do I…?
Step-by-step instructions for commonly performed transactions in TreasuryDirect.
Frequently Asked Questions about your TreasuryDirect account.
Common and not-so-common terms you'll encounter on our site.
Learn More About
Descriptions of pages provided to learn more about specific functions in TreasuryDirect.
If you're having browser, connection, or computer problems, this is the place for you.
Guided Tour-Individual Account
See for yourself how simple it is to set up an individual account and to buy and manage securities online.
Guided Tour-Entity Account
See for yourself how simple it is to set up an entity account and to buy and manage securities online.