Page Title: ManageDirect® > Assign Rights for Marketables > Detail
What you can do on this page:
If you've selected a marketable security with a Sole Owner or Primary Owner registration, you will go to this page showing you additional security details. Only View rights may be granted to another TreasuryDirect account holder for a Sole Owner registration type. View or Transact rights may be granted to the second-named registrant for a Primary Owner registration type. Transact rights allow the second-named registrant to perform a partial or full transfer of a security and edit the maturity and/or interest payment destination(s). If you haven't assigned rights to the security, "None" will appear under the Rights column and the grantee column will be blank.
HELPFUL HINTS: If you grant Transact rights to a second-named registrant (grantee), you may be responsible for the tax liability, even if the grantee transfers the security or edits the maturity and/or interest payment destination(s).
- Click "Add" to go to either:
- (Sole Owner registration) ManageDirect > Add Rights, or
- (Primary Owner registration) ManageDirect > Add Rights for Marketables.
- Click "Edit" to go to ManageDirect > Edit Rights for Marketables
- Click "Delete" to go to either:
- (Sole Owner registration) ManageDirect > Delete Rights, or
- (Primary Owner registration) ManageDirect > Delete Rights.
- Click "Return" to go back to ManageDirect > Assign Rights for Marketables > Summary