Page Title: BuyDirect® for Savings Bonds
What you can do on this page:
The BuyDirect page lets you request the purchase of an EE or I Bond for your account, depending on the type of security chosen on the previous page. You may buy $10,000 of each savings bond security type per person each calendar year. The purchase form is divided into three sections.
Section #1: Registration Information - Select a registration from your registration list using the drop-down box. Your preferred registration appears first, then the remaining registrations appear in alphabetical order within each registration type. You can also add a new registration at this time without interrupting your purchase.
Section #2: Purchase Information - Simply enter a purchase amount to the penny and choose the source of funds (a bank or Zero-Percent C of I) you wish to use to pay for your purchase.
Section #3: Purchase Frequency - You can make a one-time purchase, up to five years in advance, or set up repeat purchases using common frequencies (e.g., monthly, bimonthly), or your own specific dates (e.g., a son's or daughter's birthday).
Just type in the purchase date(s) yourself or use our handy calendar tool to do it for you. Click on the calendar icon, then click on a date in the pop-up calendar. It's that easy!
- All purchase dates will be moved to the next available business day if you select a purchase date that is a weekend date or holiday.
- You won't receive paper bonds. All bonds are held electronically in your TreasuryDirect account.
- A review page and a confirmation page will display for this purchase.
- Click "Submit"" to review your purchase.
- Click "Cancel" to discontinue this purchase request.