Page Title: ManageDirect® > Establish an Account for a Minor > Review
What you can do on this page:
All the information you submitted in the account establishment process is displayed for your review. You may select "Edit" to change what you entered.
A Minor account is a custodial account you may establish for a child under the age of 18 if you are a parent, natural guardian, or person providing chief support. You may purchase, redeem, receive gift deliveries, and perform other transactions within the account on behalf of the minor. When the minor reaches age 18 and establishes his or her own Primary account, you may de-link the securities from the Minor account to move them to the newly established account.
By clicking "Submit" you agree to the following:
- I certify that I am establishing this account on behalf of a child who is under the age of 18 years.
- I understand that the terms and conditions of the governing regulations contained in 31 CFR part 363 apply to this account.
- I understand that I have agreed to accept Form 1099-Substitute electronically instead of on paper for every year a statement is furnished for this account.
- I certify that I am the child's parent, or if I am not the child's parent, that I provide the child's chief financial support. I further certify that no legal representative for the child's estate has been appointed.
- I understand that a security purchased for this account is the property of the child. After the child attains the age of 18 years, I understand that I have the option to deliver the security to the account of the child, or the child may request the delivery of the security from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (formerly Bureau of the Public Debt). I understand that after the child attains the age of 18 that I am restricted to performing certain transactions on the minor's behalf.
- I certify that all information provided for this account establishment application, including the financial institution account information, is true, correct and complete.
- Click "Submit" to go to Account Info.
- Click "Edit" to return to ManageDirect > Establish an Account for a Minor.
- Click "Cancel" to return to ManageDirect > Establish an Account for a Minor.