Help for Users Having Problems Accessing TreasuryDirect
Internet Explorer Users
Many customers running on Windows XP Service Pack 2 are unable to access their TreasuryDirect accounts and are receiving the error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page".
If you receive this message when:
- you are attempting to log in and select “letter” on the TreasuryDirect Applications page in response to the question, “Does your account number begin with a letter or a number?”,
- you select “TreasuryDirect” under “Open an Account” on the TreasuryDirect.gov home page,
- AND the gold padlock symbol does not appear at the top of your screen, here is how you can correct the problem:
- Update to the Windows XP Service Pack 3. You can install Service Pack 3 by:
- going to Windows Update on your Windows machine, or
- going to the Microsoft website and downloading and installing Service Pack 3. (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3).
After you install it, you will be able to access your account using the Internet Explorer browser. If you have any further problems or questions, please call 304-480-7711 and select menu option 2. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you are using Safari and receive the message "Safari can't verify the identity of the website www.treasurydirect.gov"", simply click "Continue" and then you will be able to access your account.
Clicking “Continue” will not put your computer at risk.