Donations to a Federal Executive Agency
If securities have been received as a donation to a Federal Executive Agency, please contact the Bureau of the Fiscal Service to receive instructions on where to mail physical securities or wire electronic securities. Physical securities will need to be sent by registered mail or special messenger.
In order to liquidate the securities for your agency, the documents listed below are needed:
Letter of Intent
A Letter of Intent is needed which details exactly what is to be liquidated, how many shares, where to send the proceeds, and the like. It must be printed on agency letterhead and should include the following:
- Agency's instructions for sale of security
- Reference to the security
- How the security was obtained (e.g., donation)
- Agency Location Code (ALC) for deposit of proceeds
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Physical address of agency
- Agency contact name, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address
- Signature of a supervisor
- Contact person, other than the supervisor
If multiple securities are being sent at the same time, one Letter of Intent is sufficient as long as all securities are referenced in the letter.
To use a Letter of Intent template, select the appropriate file for a donation below:
Note: To read or print a PDF document, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader (v5.0 or higher) software installed on your computer. You can download the Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe Website.
If you need help downloading...
Direct Registration (DRS) Advice
In order to make it easier to pull your securities into Treasury’s broker-dealer account, have the following information on the Direct Registration (DRS) Advice form.
- Your holder account number
- Your agency name, address and contact person
- Number of shares
- Type of security (common stock, warrant, etc.)
For any special circumstances not addressed here, please use the “Contact Us” link at the top of this page.